Thread: Jewel Bugs

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Jewel Bugs

Attached Images Attached Images

Came across these colourful insects while visiting Kakadu NP, Northern Territory, Australia. I liked the 'shadow' of the insects under the leaf.

Canon EOS10, Canon 100mm macro, Natural light and fill flash, 1/125 sec F11, tripod.

David Steele

A beauty John. You've made the most of some wonderful subjects and the shadows really enhance what is already a good picture. For absolute perfection I would have liked a little breathing space on the left and perhaps at the bottom too. . . .

Robert O'Toole

John,

Good image in difficult lighting conditions. Love the subjects. Are there 2 sets of shadows, one from the sun and one set from the flash?

I have heard of Kakadu NP before, what are they famous for?

Agree with David, maybe a little more room on the bottom and on the left and less on the top edge would improve the image in my eyes.

Robert

Mike Moats

Hey John, very nice image, love the shadows, and agree it would be nice with a tad more on the left. Well done.

Jim Caldwell

Nice capture! Perhaps a little more cropping, but I really like those colorful insects along with the shadows and silhouettes on the leaves.

Gus Cobos

John, You got yourself a winner here I like it a lot. I must also agree, that it would look a tad better with more space on the left side and at the bottom.

Congrats...:D

Gus...:cool: