Thread: Burrowing Owls Ft. Myers Area

Dave Walz

Question Burrowing Owls Ft. Myers Area

I am traveling to Cativa-Ft Myers this weekend. I have been told there are several places to photograph burrowing owls. Can anyone give me help with specific locations? Any help would be appreciated.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

There are 3-4 nests at the ball fields off Pelican Blvd. in Cape Coral. You Take The Bridge at College Pkwy. in Ft. Myers which becomes Cape Coral Parkway. Follow Cape Coral Parkway to Pelican Blvd.(Bank of America) make a right turn and follow until you see the ball fields on the left. (Soccer Fields and Fire Station on right) Make the left turn at the fields and the nests are right there on the right. I think it is 43 rd. if you pass the turn, take the next left and just go around the fields. There are also some around the Library, which is off Mohawk, which is a few blocks past the fields on the left. Follow Mohawk to stop sign, go thru to the next right and you will see the library. Just drive around this area and you will see the white PVC stakes near nesting sites. Good luck.
    John
    Last edited by John Hawkins; 03-04-2009 at 07:34 AM. Reason: street name and corrected turn

Dave Walz

Thank you very much!

Michael Pancier

there are a bunch of nests also in Marco Island. You simply need to drive around and look for the taped off areas.

Matt Lerer

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Pancier View Post
    there are a bunch of nests also in Marco Island. You simply need to drive around and look for the taped off areas.
    Same goes for Cape Coral...just drive through the neighborhoods and look for empty lots and staked off areas.

Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Artie told me there are some very nice Burrows near city hall and the library in Cape Coral.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Last week we found two very active burrow's in the vacant lot , just across SW38Th, behind the the Cape Coral Library. On the same lot was an extremely shy American Kestrel dropping down from the power lines to eat the crickets on the lot. On the way home in a large vacant lot on Skyline Blvd we spotted a bald eagle resting in the clump of trees in the center of this property. this lot is behind a front to back commercial strip mall on SW8TH Place.

Dick Ginkowski

There is a list you can get from the city and the library. When I was there in January they were hard to come by, unlike January 2008. Hope your luck this year is better than mine.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I have the info from cape coral, if anyone needs it, let me know and I will e-mail it to you

Dave Walz

THANK YOU FOR THE INFO.

Dave Walz

Please email me at dwalz2@verizon.net

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Info sent!!

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Ed,

Would you send this info my way?