Thread: Anhinga (Anhinga Trail)

Raul Quinones

Default Anhinga (Anhinga Trail)

Attached Images Attached Images

Morning light at Anhinga trail

1/400s f/8.0 at 700.0mm iso500

Not sure if the color and brightness are accurate, just got a new monitor, went through some calibration adjustment, but the screen looks dark to me... so if I am right the image should look too bright.

Raul

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Raul:

The brightness looks pretty close for me.

The color of the background really compliments the color on the back of the neck.

I like the composition, curve of the neck.

To my eye, the face/eye could use another round of USM to make it pop a bit more.

The head does angle away a bit, but because it is an over the shoulder view, I don't mind that at all.

Thanks

Randy

joel quenneville

The image looks great on my monitor although I think it needs a little contrast (S-Curve?). I love your pose here with the open wings, the curved neck and the red eye. You might want to remove the specular highlights on the beak. Great BG, details, sharpness and colors. Well done.

Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Randy said:
    "I like the composition, curve of the neck.
    To my eye, the face/eye could use another round of USM to make it pop a bit more.
    The head does angle away a bit, but because it is an over the shoulder view, I don't mind that at all."

I agree 100%
    Beautiful subject to be sure.
    IMO setting the Anhinga a little more right in the frame and perhaps a little more canvas at the top would put this outstanding image over the top!
    James

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Agree with the comments above and add that I loved this shot, specially the terrific and striking BG!

Jasper Doest

I fully agree with Capt. Shadle here. Your brightness looks very good IMO. A bit more space on the left and top and you'd have an excellent photograph. I just love those colours.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice job Raul. I agree with the above suggestions for improving your image, but it's a great-looking bird against a beautiful BG.
    Upcoming Workshops: Bosque del Apache 2019, Ecuador 2020 (details coming soon)
    Website -
    Facebook - 500px

Fabs Forns

Hey Raul, long time no see :(
    Glad to see you back to the camera. Striking image, I know where ethis was taken, probably in the water gauge, place to go early AM for that special yellow BG.

Agree with the previous comments.

Judy Lynn Malloch

Stunning composition and lighting Raul and a very striking BG. Agree with all of the above. Great to see you posting and thanks for sharing.

Raul Quinones

Thank you all.
    I have been very reluctant to post in the forum, the bar has gone way up since I start posting here, hard to select a good enough picture to post here. I am always lurking and trying to learn.

Fabiola,
    Impressive memory, just looking at the (blurry) background and knowing exactly where the picture was taken... WOW! Of course you are 100% right.

Saludos,
    Raul

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

James hit the nail on the head for me. Elegant!