Thread: Lanner Falcon

John Harper

Default Lanner Falcon

Hi There

I post below shot of a Lanner Falcon taken at my usual haunt of the Hawk Conservancy. unfortunately most of my pictures are shot in mainly cloudy conditions so i end up with plain white backdrops, however it does give a softer light and more chance of details under the wings without deep shadows.

As I live in the England I guess I will have to get used to it, unless global warming turns it into a sub tropical paradise :p

John

EOS1DMKIIN
    EF500mm F4L
    ISO 800
    1/1600 @ F4

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

John
    I think they just get better and better. If I look at this very long, I think I should duck!!! Great composition, exposure, and details. How often do you get to shoot at the Conservancy?

John Harper

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Hays View Post
    John
    I think they just get better and better. If I look at this very long, I think I should duck!!! Great composition, exposure, and details. How often do you get to shoot at the Conservancy?
    Hi Lana

Thanks for the kind words, I have been shooting birds since last April, before that i was into taking pictures of military aircraft at Flying displays so it was similar skill set to Birds in flight, however the Falcons move a lot faster!!

The Conservancy is open all year round but only at Weekends from November to Mid Feb. I try to get up there on a Saturday or Sunday as my break from work. Its nice just to get away from the stresses and strains and just concentrate on trying to get sharp focussed shots. Shooting digital means I can shoot a lot of frames and not worry about processing costs etc, and they say that practice makes perfect ( or to be honest i would settle for adequate :p)

So I suppose last year I was maybe there around 20 times or so.

John

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks for the information, John. You are so lucky to have such a great opportunity.....and stress release.