Thread: Anna's hummingbird hovering at feeder

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Anna's hummingbird hovering at feeder

Attached Images Attached Images

I captured this image off the deck on my townhouse in Issaquah, WA in May, 2007. I would have liked to have used a polarizing filter to cut the glare on the top of the feeder, but that would have given too slow of a shutter speed. So I reduced it a bit using Photoshop CS3.

Canon 30D, Canon 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS @400mm
    1/250, f/5.6, ISO 800.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Kevin
    I think you did a good job with this one, especially cutting the glare with PS. The composition is good and I love the wing blur. The head/eye of the hummer are sharp and there's enough eye showing to give it life. If you like shooting the hummers, you might put a small attractive branch or flower on top of the feeder for different images.

Alfred Forns

Amazing image Kevin !!!!! I know the traditional is using the attractive perch but this is very appealing Excellent all around and glad you did away with the filter !!! Big Congrats !!!!

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Lana,

Thanks for your kind words. We've just moved into a new home in a very natural setting, and I'm planning on creating many interesting wildlife photo opportunities on our property. I'm sure that will include a camoflauged hummingbird feeder, although I do think this is an attractive one, and will undoubtedly shoot it as is as well.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Alfred,

Thanks for your kind words...coming from you that's high praise indeed. One day I hope to get down to Florida and shoot with you, Artie and the whole gang.