Thread: Stonechat

Alexander Koenders

Default Stonechat

Attached Images Attached Images

Sins I have the Olympus E3 camera with de Zuiko ED300 F2.8 lens and the 2.0 converter the quality of my pictures has being improved to a much higher standard. This picture was still taken with the previous Olympus E1 and the Bigma 50-500. I hope you enjoy it.

Exif: Olympus E1, Sigma 50-500, F6.3, 1/160 sec, ISO 400, o stap, from out a car.

Axel Hildebrandt

Beautiful bird! Very nice pose, composition, details and complementing BG. There is some posterization in the BG, probably due to the strong compression. I can also see noise around the edges.

Alfred Forns

Would also add to get bird off the center Probably Upper or Lower left I like the pose a lot That 300 2.8 will be a great lens for you !!! Big Congrats !!!

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I love the bird's pose and the catchlight in the eye Alexander. The colour of the BG goes well with the bird as Axel has indicated.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I think you have achieved a very pleasent composition here Alex. A lovely bird posed nicely against a complimentry BG. I generally like to add some fill flash to subjects having a black eye surrounded by a black face, but you could easily add a catchlight here if your ethics so allow!!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Alex,

Really like this shot of a Stonechat. I do agree there are some "artifacts" present from post-processing this image.
    I do not mind about the centered placement of the bird in this case. I think it works very well here!

Well done!

Greetings,

Jeroen Stel