Thread: Dark-eyed Junco

BPN Viewer
    I livein Coupeville, WA on beautiful Whidbey Island.
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Dark-eyed Junco

Attached Images Attached Images

20D, CANON 100-400@400mm, 1/30 f8.0, ISO 200

Axel Hildebrandt

Nice eye contact! Is this a heavy crop? It looks a bit noisy for ISO 200. You could do some NR on the BG. Did you clone something in the lower left. The OOF sticks look a bit weird.

BPN Viewer
    I livein Coupeville, WA on beautiful Whidbey Island.
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nothing has been cloned in this image. The lower left is OOF branches. I could have taken those out.

Axel Hildebrandt

Quote Originally Posted by Arsdel Fluesmeier View Post
    Nothing has been cloned in this image. The lower left is OOF branches. I could have taken those out.
    Thanks, Arsdel. I was just curious. :) I forgot to mention that it would have been nice to see the tail. Maybe you have a frame that shows it.

Ed Vatza

This is the Oregon Junco strain, correct? It looks different from ours which are more dark gray with a hint if steel blue. I think our strain are called Slate-colored Juncos.

Anyway the bird looks good to me. Lots of detail. The whites look good as does the black. The background (a constant cause of consternation in many of my images) looks a bit funky on the left side. There is the lower left issue that Axel brought up and a triangle in the upper left that does quite look natural. But overall, a nice image.