Thread: Courses in the Vancouver area

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Courses in the Vancouver area

Can anyone recommend a good course to take in and around the Vancouver area. I am in the Cloverdale/Langley area. I use a nikon d90 and am interested in bird and wildlife photography. New to Digital SLR.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Roy,

I see you did not get any replies. I have looked at a few of the courses offered by Continuing Ed in Delta but they looked very elementary, although I have not teken any of them.

What worked very well for me, both for photography and photo finishing were the cd's and books available from this website in the Education Forum. I bought both of A. Morris's Art of Bird Photography, as well as Digital Basicis and APTAT's by R. O'Toole. Certainly all money well spent and saved me a ton of time to get up and running with sensible technigues and ideas.

Also, I am sure you know that posting photos on this website gets lots of helpful advice.
    Good Luck, Dave

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Dave, thanks for the reply. I already had the purchase of Art of Bird Photography in mind and now I will consider the other one too.
    I met a guy the other day while I was shooting a RT, he told me about a club in Surrey, do you have any onpinions on clubs?

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Good Morning Roy, I think clubs are a real personal choice and most likely a great way to learn about and acquire good skills. A few years ago there was, and perhaps still is, a club in South Delta called Delta Photo Guild. I did not join although I have attended an occasional GVRD photo evening with presenters from this club.

Dave

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Roy,
    Not sure if you have a Henry's Camera Store out there in BC, but I took a few courses from them in Toronto, and they helped me when I was a real beginner.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Jackie, no Henry's here. There are a quite a few stores that offer courses but I was hoping someone would have a recommendation.