Thread: Great Gray Owl

Art Kornienko

Default Great Gray Owl

Finally found one, although I don't really like the angle, lack of eye contact or bg (or lack of bg), but thought I would post nonetheless. I have some others I'll put up next time that might be a bit better in the eye contact dept. Tough to get the Owl in the right light, with the right angle, with no branches, low enough etc.

50D, 300 F4LIS, ISO 320, F6.3, 1/800 shutter on a manfrotto monopod, 488RC2 ball head, in deep enough snow.

Judy Lynn Malloch

Personally I really like the pose in this one and the eye contact is awesome. Excellent detail and the high key BG works well for me. Thanks for sharing and I will look forward to more.

Robert Amoruso

Art,

That upwards look is great - make him look very serious. Good pose, perch and high-key BG.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Good one Art..glad you found him...

john crookes

I am still looking for one so I am envious of you.
    The oof tree limbs could be blured out to make the image truly High Key
    But I also think the angle is not so bad and like the look of the owl staring down like a professor looking over the rim of his reading glasses

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like a lot the atitude of the bird, the detail and exposure are great IMO, congratualitons!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Art,
    You must have been pretty close. Nice detail and interesting use of high key background. This is one owl that still needs to find a place in my collection. Still no luck at finding one to photograph here on Vancouver Island.

Steve