Thread: Bald Eagle

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Bald Eagle

I'm sitting in the Orlando Airport getting caught up on a lost week. The last 7 or so days were spent co-leading Jim Neiger's flight photography workshop and spending a little time on James Shadle's boat. I've never done bird photography east of the Mississippi, so I was really looking forward to heading east. I really enjoyed myself! Good people and great photography! Here's a Bald Eagle photographed at Viera Wetlands. I never got the chance to visit Homer, but this one's for Jean.

Canon 50D, 700mm, f/8, 1/2500, ISO 800, +1 EC, no flash, hand held
    Last edited by Doug Brown; 01-15-2009 at 10:19 PM.
    Upcoming Workshops: Bosque del Apache 2019, Ecuador 2020 (details coming soon)
    Website -
    Facebook - 500px

Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Good to see you back online, Doug. Love the diagonals of the wings in downstroke and the eye contact. Might clone out the bit of bark dropping off the perch.
    Tony Whitehead
    Visit my blog at WildLight Photography for latest news and images.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thought about cloning it out but left it in to help fully convey the strength of the lift-off. It would look good cloned out too.
    Upcoming Workshops: Bosque del Apache 2019, Ecuador 2020 (details coming soon)
    Website -
    Facebook - 500px

Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

I considered that and agree it does add an element and would look good both ways. Safe travels home.
    Tony Whitehead
    Visit my blog at WildLight Photography for latest news and images.

Judy Lynn Malloch

Wonderful flight pose Doug with the forward wing thrust. Excellent exposure and detail too. Safe travels and good to see you back.

bill kominsky

Missed you Doug especially your kind comments. This image is no different than the one's in the past that you've posted, stunning image quality with fantastic detail and always great, safe home Doug and will talk soon.

Bill

Ákos Lumnitzer

HI Doug,
    Lucky I read the entire post, as I nearly thought your eagle was at the airport. LOL! :)

Excellent pose and grandeur portrayed by the subject. The feather details are awesome! :)

Mark Schmitt

Good wing position and head angle. Nice testimonial. Well done. The BG looks like it could be smoothed out just a wee bit.

Forum Participant christopher galeski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

A very nice shot,sharp,good wing postion,pleasing BG,I can understand why you left the loose piece of bark in righthand bottom corner,but if I had took this shot,I think I would have cloned it out.Great shot.thanks.

david cramer

Strong image and I love the pose. It could use a little more contrast. I bet you had a blast.