Thread: Crusin' For A Bruisin'

Bill McCrystyn

Default Crusin' For A Bruisin'

Attached Images Attached Images

CANON EOS 20D 1-4L IS @ ISO400 f/8 1/2000 EFL 640mm PARTIAL AWB HANDHELD
    The talons on raptors never fail to amaze me. This original was black as I did not have time to "think" to spin the compensation wheel 2 stops which might have helped. I need help and practice on shooting against a sky. Please critique to help me do better next time.
    Last edited by Bill McCrystyn; 01-20-2008 at 03:32 PM.

Axel Hildebrandt

You captured the image at the right time but the angle and wing position are not ideal. You could try to get a banking pose or early morning light. If the wings are either up or down it usually gives you better results.

Alfred Forns

Bill for compensating start out with a basic setting of the bird you most likely to photograph If something different comes up try this seguence As you bring the camera up activate the camera Thinks of the needed compensation and dial before it is at eye level With a little practice it will be second nature

You did well in PS to obtain the image you did !!!!

Bill McCrystyn

Thank you both for your good advive. Better light conditions and pose would certainly help. In such cases as this, where what you see is what you get, I take it a couple of stops to the right would be the proper compensation and technique. I will try to put this to good use. Thank you.
    Last edited by Bill McCrystyn; 01-21-2008 at 09:07 AM.