Thread: Spot-billed ducks landing

Gautam Biswas

Default Spot-billed ducks landing

Attached Images Attached Images

Created this image at the Bharat Bird Sancutaury in India. It was still early in the winter morning when these three spot-billed ducks came into land on the water. Made a series of images and this is the best I could choose. The spread of the three birds is not very balanced, but probably the best among the others. A bit of a kingfisher shows behind the wing of the upper duck. Ny further comments will be most welcome.
    Canon 1DIII with EF 500mm f4 IS L
    ISO 400 f9 1/800s
    Adjusted levels and curves

Axel Hildebrandt

Nice incoming flight image. I'm not sure about the composition and might try a pano crop only with the birds lower in the frame.
    Last edited by Axel Hildebrandt; 01-20-2008 at 09:07 AM.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Gautam,

Two considerations when it comes to photographing landing birds are direction of wind and direction of light, Looks like your wind study is alright but light did not co-operate. Two possible solutions would be to cut down ambient light and use fill flash with better beamer. Possible only if you are close to subjects and they are used to photographers around. Another solution would be place your self to photography side view. I dont know what the conditions are over there.