Thread: Oriental Honey Buzzard in-flight

Ritul

Default Oriental Honey Buzzard in-flight

Attached Images Attached Images

Shot in Borivali NP, Mumbai. Slightly harsh light - around 11 am. Sharpened, cropped slighlty. Canon 400D, Canon 70-200 F2.8 IS, 1/1000, F4.5, ISO 200.

Gautam Biswas

Dear Ritul,
    A very nice image. The bird must have been quite close as you managed to cover the frame with slight cropping. I would propose a slight more cropping to exclude some of the BG.The image is sharp and in spite of the harsh lighting you seem to have the blacks and white well exposed.
    Well done!

Axel Hildebrandt

Nice find, details and BG. The pose is not ideal as there are strong shadows due to the harsh light. Wings fully up or down would have helped. I'm glad you didn't really shoot this beautiful bird. ;)

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Ritul,

hard shadows kind of broke this image for me. But considering the subject and light situations you did a very nice job,

Ritul

Quote Originally Posted by Axel Hildebrandt View Post
    Nice find, details and BG. The pose is not ideal as there are strong shadows due to the harsh light. Wings fully up or down would have helped. I'm glad you didn't really shoot this beautiful bird. ;)
    Axel, I agree that the shadow of one wing is too strong. The bird was banking away from me when I clicked the photo - thats the reason for one wing up, the other down.