Thread: Another Bald Eagle...

Dan O'Leary

Default Another Bald Eagle...

Attached Images Attached Images

Based on the crits received on my previous BE post (here: http://www.birdphotographers.net/for...ead.php?t=2540), I wanted to try another.

Same subject at Viera Wetlands. The sun was going in and out of clouds and this image was captured in softer light than my original post.

2008:01:12 082:10
    1dm3 @ 1000mm (500 + 2.0x)
    1/250 sec, f/10, Av, Eval +1 2/3, ISO 500

Gautam Biswas

Hi Dan, The image is very nice. well exposed and sharp. I would think the image would have done better with cropping off a bit from the right of the frame and a bit more above the head.
    Last edited by Gautam Biswas; 01-20-2008 at 12:48 PM. Reason: I meant right of the frame in stead of left

Axel Hildebrandt

The lighting looks better in this one. Nice details and look back pose, too. I would add some space top and right. I was not there but the color temperature looks low for a sunny day.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Dan,

I do agree with little bit of WB issue. Sky is kind of iffy.

Dan O'Leary

Thank you for the feedback. There is plenty of room in the original to try some cropping variations, so I'll do that.

Regarding the sky color - it was a very overcast day so the original background is light grey. In my other image the sun had poked it's head out for a moment but that was the exception. For this image I did some hue and saturation changes to get a more pleasing background. In particular, I was trying to preserve the lighter tones across the middle band of the image, which get a bit lost in this sRGB crop. Maybe I went too far?