Thread: Another Ritual

bill kominsky

Default Another Ritual

Attached Images Attached Images

These beautiful bird display there feelings so nicely. Again where at Wakohadchee. Canon MK-II - ISO = 400 - @ f/8 - 1/1000th. of a sec. - Ec 100-400 - L @ 300-MM. I sort of liked the side lighting here but please tell me if I'm wrong exposure looks good.
    All C/C's are most welcome always.

Bill

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

It looks overxposed to me, but it is the one that I like most of the three I have seen from you. Congratualirons Bill!

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

not sure you could have done any better in those light conditions. if you had gone any less, the birds would have been underexposed. not bad as a high key though.

Axel Hildebrandt

I like the interaction and details, it does not look overexposed on my monitor but a bit flat. Maybe you can raise the contrast a few points. As in the other images it would have been good to include the feet.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hey Bill, I think that the EXP is perfect for High Key. And I love this one even without the feet. the interaction is so, so lovely and the backlight through the bird's bills is killer wonderul. This may be one of your very best. Love the feel and the mood. Vert painterly.
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

bill kominsky

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Morris View Post
    Hey Bill, I think that the EXP is perfect for High Key. And I love this one even without the feet. the interaction is so, so lovely and the backlight through the bird's bills is killer wonderul. This may be one of your very best. Love the feel and the mood. Vert painterly.
    Thank you so much Artie and believe it or not felt the same way you did about the exposure and the side light through the beaks, thanks so much.

Bill :)

Gus Cobos

Well done Bill,
    Excellent composition, image, and capture. I like the use of the high key; it compliments the tones and hues of your subjects, and really makes them stand out...good show...:cool:

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Have to agree with everyone. The high key really works here. Love the interaction!
    Upcoming Workshops: Bosque del Apache 2019, Ecuador 2020 (details coming soon)
    Website -
    Facebook - 500px

bill kominsky

I would like very much to take this opportunity to thank all who came to visit and to comment, it is as always greatly appreciated.

Bill