Thread: Crested Duck (Pato Crestón)

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Crested Duck (Pato Crestón)

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi everybody, continuing with my images taken in Jujuy, today I wanted to show you this new sepcies for me, the Crested Duck, taken during sunrise but not using the Hole-Blind but just my Camo-Cape (see this thread: http://www.birdphotographers.net/for...ad.php?t=26032 ) I woke up at 4 AM and got at night to the lagoon, once there I chose a good spot and waited for sunrise and hoped the Ducks and other birds came algon without noticing me. Here's this one from that morning. Hope you like it! Enjoy!

Mark II
    70-200mm 2.8
    TC2X
    Camo-Cape
    Mini tripod
    Full frame (Except crop for CW rotation)
    Tv 1/800 sec
    Av f/8.0
    ISO 400 (Nice but weak light)
    Exp Comp +1/3

Comments are very welcome and critiques much apreciated!

Dan O'Leary

Love the light and the water and background, but I probably would have cropped it down to a single bird. In this composition I would clean up the dark spots in the water.

I really love it when the sun reflects off the water onto the birds like this.

Axel Hildebrandt

Great angle, details and light. I'm undecided about the OOF bird and would clean the dark spots.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

The OOF bird is what I like the most about this image Composition, I do have some single bird shots but in the end it all goes down to a matter of taste and I apreciate you comments and suggestions but I do prefer this one better over the one with just one Duck in the frame :)

Rene' Villela

Ramon.... That camo-cape is really cool! Just today on my home I was telling my wife I wanted to get something like that. She just gave me a strange look! I only need it to be viper proof coz we have some baby cobras (mamushi) around here! Oh! i like your shot too! :) I also think that the OOF ducky is on the way! Cheers!

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

that oof duck doesnt bother me a bit. it has a complimentary pose. love the light. your hard work really pays off!!