Thread: New guy & his Dowitcher

Brad Manchas

Default New guy & his Dowitcher

I was tipped off that this might be a place to share & learn techniques and information on capturing images of birds and wildlife.

This image was taken late Sept. under cloudy skies, this day I was using the 1D MK2, the 100-400mm L & w/ 1.4x behind it. It is a handheld image, basic exif information: 1/320th, f/10, ISO 400

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Welcome to BPN Brad! A very intimate portrait of a Dowitcher in habitat. Excellent sharpness and DOF. I might add a little canvas up top, and I would probably remove the diagonal grass just above the bird's head. Look forward to seeing more of your photos!
    Upcoming Workshops: Bosque del Apache 2019, Ecuador 2020 (details coming soon)
    Website -
    Facebook - 500px

Axel Hildebrandt

Welcome to BPN, Brad! I like the angle, details and setting and would give it a bit more space. I agree with Doug regarding the grass above the bird's head, it is a bit distracting. Keep them coming!

Rene' Villela

Welcome to BPN Brad! you won't be getting many advices from me, not ready for that yet! Sorry! I just wanted to say welcome! Cheers!

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Welcome, you were really close, love the sharpness here and the enviromet behind that doesn't distract but compliments the shot. congratualitrons!