Thread: Dreaming Of A "Blue" Christmas

Glenda Simmons

Default Dreaming Of A "Blue" Christmas

Attached Images Attached Images

After a short absence, I hope to be able to participate, again on this great site. I know I've missed seeing some wonderful images. In my absence, I have read most of Artie's Bird Photography II, taken an introduction class to photoshop, and taken hundreds of images of my Bluebirds with my new 100-400 lens. Still so much to learn, but at least taking some baby steps. This week, I'd like to share a few of my Christmas Bluebirds with you.

This first image is of my resident male Eastern Bluebird. It was taken with my Canon Rebel XTi and 100-400 lens at a focal length of 260mm. I used aperture priority at 5.6, 1/200 and ISO 400. The picture was cropped and the bird's head was sharpened a bit, but no color changes made to the bird.

I hope he adds a festive smile to your busy hoilday season.
    Last edited by Glenda Simmons; 12-19-2008 at 06:39 PM. Reason: spelling typo

Maxis Gamez

Very pretty set up and colors. I would add more light and push the colors a little more. The image can also use more sharpening and will benefit from removing some of the noise in the BG. The head angle is terrific IMO.

Keep them coming!

Thanks!

Glenda Simmons

Thanks for the tips. I'll open up Artie's CD and look for the page on noise reduction, as I am still new to photoshop, but I'm at least attempting to learn. lol I do not know what IMO stands for? I'm sure it's something simple that I will say "Duhh", but please spell it out for my simple brain. Big Thanks!
    Last edited by Glenda Simmons; 12-19-2008 at 08:35 AM. Reason: typo

Maxis Gamez

Quote Originally Posted by Glenda Simmons View Post
    Thanks for the tips. I'll open up Artie's CD and look for the page on noise reduction, as I am still new to photoshop, but I'm at least attempting to learn. lol I do not know what IMO stands for? I'm sure it's something simple that I will say "Duhh", but please spell it out for my simple brain. Big Thanks!
    Hi Glenda,

IMO = In my opinion.

Noise can be removed very easily. I use Noise Ninja for ALL my images. I just don't like noise at all!

Good luck!

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Glenda
    Good for you......certainly do a lot to learn and improve. Maxis has done a nice job with the critique. I'm wondering if you might add some canvas at the top in addition to the other suggestions.....and turn this into a nice Christmas card. I just love the colors on that Bluebird.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Your improvement is showing, that's a good thing.