Thread: Pochard

Rene' Villela

Default Pochard

Attached Images Attached Images

Good evening everyone! (Morning, afternoon, your choice)

Today I have another ducky! A Pochard, born and raised in N. Japan. Maybe not! This is strange but somehow we don't have that many pretty small birds here like you do in other countries. Most of them are just water birds, herons, swans, geese, ducks and of curse crows which should be the national bird coz we have them by the millions! I am happy about it, otherwise I would be going crazy to buy a 600 mm lens. So the point is, I am trying to apologize for not having that many pretty small birds to show you.

I decided to post this guy coz maybe for my inexperience I find it hard to expose them well. I'm talking about the shiny head on relation with the rest of the feathers. This one finally looked good enough. I like the eyes. I'm not sure if the chest is over sharped.

Again, asking for your advices and comments! Thank you!

Nikon D300 - AF-S 300 f/4, AP wide open, 1/500 sec, ISO 200, cropped with room all around.

Judy Lynn Malloch

Good exposure and good detail. My only wish would have been for a lower angle but that is not always possible. I would like to see a little more canvas on top but think you did a very lovely job in capturing in this beauty and capturing eye contact. Many thanks for sharing .

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Great details. I agree with Judy Lynn on bird position in the frame and shooting angle. The fact that we almost see the left eye is grabing my attention. It is difficult for me to explain why.

Forum Participant Manos Papadomanolakis's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I really like the pose and the colors,I would prefer a lower angle!