Thread: Little Mallard

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Little Mallard

Attached Images Attached Images

It was kind of a cold, dark and grey west coast day near Vanc. I had been trying to start using Av mode and was having some issues figuring out how to change exposure comp. so reverted to manual and making adjustments off the histogram. Camera 50D, 70/200mmf/4L IS lens at 200mm, 1/50, f/4 and ISO at 400.

Tks for looking, Dave

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

i think i would have increased the ISO and stopped down a little for more dof. the water drops are cool and would be nicer if more in focus. you nailed the focal point on the eye!! great job and super pose. a smoother bg might make this one a little better too!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Good exposure and colours Dave, Harold has made some good comments. Easy to say hard to do sometimes when you are out in the field and getting absorbed in the moment. Looking forward to more!!!!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Dave, Nice colors and the eye is great-Agree w/ Harold about the rest-Nice close-up!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks for the comments everyone.
    Dave

Gus Cobos

Hi Dave,
    I like the capture. I agree with Doctor Davis on the techs. You need to stop down the aperture setting to get a greater depth of field. My suggestion would be to crop just a tad from the bottom just below the blue feathers, to tighten the composition more...:cool:

Alfred Forns

HI Dave

Agree with previous comments. The cropping will give you the fastest improvement in the image !! Would also reduce the sharpening, head feathers don't look natural !! btw I like the eye placement very much !!!