Thread: Photography opportunities in Bierbrza, Poland

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Photography opportunities in Bierbrza, Poland

Hey there, fellow Europeans! I'll have the privilige to visit the Bierbrza valley in Poland for my work, next spring and again in early summer. I wasn't able to dig up much information on good photography locations there or on species which can be found there. I'm interested in plants, insects and birds. Do you have any suggestions? If there are any other interesting areas close by, let me know!
    Thanks in advance,

Jerry.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Looks that Polish fellows are missing from BPN :)

Szimi

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

HI Gyorgy, it does seem so! While they have so many beautiful birds in their country.
    I'm wonderng whehter no one outside Poland has visited the Bierbza marshes. I did find some Dutch travel agencies who organize birding trips there, and also was able to purchase a nature guide to the marshes.
    If anyone has any tips, please let me know.
    With kind regards,

Przemek Bicki

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry van Dijk View Post
    While they have so many beautiful birds in their country.
    Not only in the region:)
    I am Polish, across the country, we have several regions rich ornithology, such as Barycz Valley. In winter, there were many species of birds. Welcome to the open air:)
    Yours!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Dear Przemek,

Thank you very much for your response and nice to see that we finally have a Polish participant! Having visited your country by now, I totally agree with your comments. Apart from Biebrza (where I do ecological research), I also visited the Bialowieza forest, which is also famous for it's bird population. Unfortunately, we didn't see many, but I was impressed by the species richness of the forest in other groups. I'll try and post some images soon in one of the fora.
    The natural richess of your country are truly something to be proud of! I hope to be able to visit some other parts of Poland in the future.
    With kind regards,

Jerry

Przemek Bicki

First of all, I invite you to the Lower Silesia! Tomorrow I will be "hunted" for sea eagles, I will take some pictures you will surely praise here.
    Yours!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Przemek, I posted a lovely image of the strict reserve in the Bialowieza primeval forest in the landscape forum. Good luck with those eagles, they're magnificent creatures. Looking forward to your images.

Przemek Bicki

Hi,

Unfortunately, there were no eagles, but it appeared to be ordinary buzzard (Buteo buteo). Very bad conditions, the picture only as a document in the drawer:) Here is a picture:

http://www.przemekbicki.pl/images/IMG_3037.jpg

greetings!
    Last edited by Przemek Bicki; 11-21-2009 at 12:04 PM.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Dzien dobry Przemek, too bad about those eagles! Although buzzards are very common, I'm still always impressed by them when I see one up close. They make some nice photography subjects. Post some of your buzzard pictures on the avian forum (or if you're shy, on Eager to learn), you'll get some great comments by people who know their stuff.

Przemek Bicki

In the topic I could put photos of the buzzard? Since I can not find suitable.

I cordially greet!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Przemek, under FAQ (at the top of the page)/Reading and posting messages/Attachments and images, you'll find detailed instructions on how to post images.

Przemek Bicki

I mean WHERE is the theme of the buzzards? :)

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Przemek, you can post your buzzard images in the Avian forum: http://www.birdphotographers.net/for...isplay.php?f=2
    or in Eager to learn:
    http://www.birdphotographers.net/for...isplay.php?f=7

Forum Participant Valerio Tarone's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hello. i break into your talks! I would like to visit Poland:Bialowiza and else , not in 2010, but certainly in 2011-2 But: I (italian) don't speak polish neither russian.. My she friend speaks a good german. Do you know an agency able to help me? Thanks. Valerio. PS. Merry Christmas.

Przemek Bicki

Hi. It depends what you mean by the agency. I think it is best to organize a trip yourself, if you want a photo tour, write to me, I will forward the information to fellow nature photographers, and certainly in Poland to help.
    Merry Christmas!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Valerio,

When I was in Bialowieza, we stayed in a wonderful hotel. The owner of the hotel also works for the Polish bird protection agency and also organizes birding tours in the forest reserve. My colleague booked the hotel, so I have to check with him for the name and contact information. I will post them here when I get them.
    For Bialowieza and Biebrza, many specialized birding tours are offered on the internet. But I bet Przemek's inside information will help you a lot!
    With German, a little English and a polish dictionary, you should be fine!

For a preview of the Bialowieza strict reserve, check my post at http://www.birdphotographers.net/for...ad.php?t=49818
    Will add some more photos from Poland soon!
    Merry Christmas to you all!

Forum Participant Valerio Tarone's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Jerry
    Thank you. I'll wait for the adress of the hotel. Greetings from Italy
    Valerio

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Valerio,

Here is the website of the hotel. Click on the English flag for the English version. The owner speaks English very well, so communication should not be a problem.
    http://www.wejmutka.pl/