Thread: Color proof in Photoshop

Fabs Forns

Default Color proof in Photoshop

Attached Images Attached Images

For those of you who are seeing a significant difference in the colors from your TIFF or PSD to the jpg showing in the web, you may want to have this potion checked in your PS menu:

Robert Amoruso

Thanks I never knew that one. You da girl Fabs.

Loyce Hood

Thanks, Fabs; that's a great tip. I always attributed the difference to loss of quality due to compression. The jpg looks a lot better now.

BPN Viewer
    Thank You Posts

It may be worth mentioning that this setting is used to proof colors for the web by checking on proof colors once proof setup is set (Windows RGB). Also, your proof colors will show what the current working space profile colors will look like in a web browser, which for most are NOT profile aware,most browsers ignore profiles and assume everthing is in sRGB color space. Hence, unless you convert to sRGB (and 8bit) before proofing you will NOT get an image as it will appear in a browser. Of couse at this point the proof is corrected so it appears the way you want it to on the web.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Fabs, thanks I will give that a try :)

Robert O'Toole

Hi Fabs,

Thanks for sharing.

Robert
    Last edited by Robert O'Toole; 01-29-2008 at 05:14 PM.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Fab, this is a big hint for me since I been having a hard time trying to understand why my pictures look dull every time I convert them into jpg. Thank you so much for your advise.

Robert Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by Fabs Forns View Post
    For those of you who are seeing a significant difference in the colors from your TIFF or PSD to the jpg showing in the web, you may want to have this potion checked in your PS menu:
    Peter Kes seems to think that you ought to choose Custom and select your own Monitor Profile. if you've selected your own monitor profile under the Windows Display setting, will "Windows RGB" in PS <View, Proof setup> (as suggested by Fabs) automatically pick it up and use it?