Thread: Egret Over Water

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Egret Over Water

Attached Images Attached Images

Taken early Sat. morning in bright sunlight. f5.6,1/2000, ISO200, FL 400mm.
    I cropped out most of the reflection.

Alfred Forns

Hi Kathy

Did well in cropping out the reflection, it is tempting but unless you have a strong one it detracts. Also did well with the harsh light, whites are not blown and have detail. The head area is on the dark side and would lighten, best would have been a good sun angle so light is evenly distributed.

When doing flight try to make the image before while the bird is moving toward your position, this one seems to be going away. The image is sharp and you panned well with the bird !! Best advice is to photograph in softer light !!! ............ btw got the thumbnail taken care !!!

Bee Emily

Hi Kathy,
    Nice shot. I bet that was exciting to see. I wish the bird angle was more toward you, but as we ALL know "Ya get what ya get". Nice to see the whites not blown out, wish there was more space on the left of the image that he was "flying toward"
    Bee

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

you got some fantastic detail in the bird, kathy!! al and bee covered all the particulars. in LA you'll surely get a lot more chances with these birds!!

Gus Cobos

Hi Kathy,
    I like the capture, you have sharp details and nice colors. very good advise given by Mr. Forns and Bee.
    looking forward to you next capture...:cool: