Default Waiting

Attached Images Attached Images

From a trip to Turkey Leica M6 50 Summilux TMax 100

Comments welcome and much appreciated

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Alfred, I like your tones- I also like the mood created by the composition.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Must say you have such a great eye for framing a picture Al.and picking you subjects. It is a pic, but to me I don't say "it's a pic" , I just get involved in what is going on in the image! Make sense?????

Michael Pancier

Alfred, you're an amazing street photographer. you say when my friend, but you and I need to head out to Lincoln Road one evening with street photography gear ..... are all these from the hip?

Alfred Forns

Mike we need to figure what to use? I did go to South Beach with the Leicas and Maiya 6 Maybe one of the point and shoot like the G10 ? Not sure if it has an IR assist beam?

Michael Pancier

Quote Originally Posted by Alfred Forns View Post
    Mike we need to figure what to use? I did go to South Beach with the Leicas and Maiya 6 Maybe one of the point and shoot like the G10 ? Not sure if it has an IR assist beam?
    I have a Mamiya 7ii which is great for this, but digital is so much more easy. They have some nice small digis, but they such above ISO 100.

I'm thinking once I get the 5d mark II; throw on my 28mm 1.8 and let her rip at ISO 800 or 1000. Your D3 would be perfect, but its kind of large. A d700 on your end would be the ticket I think.

this guy I know is an amazing street photographer, he uses 5d with a panoply of lenses from the 50 1.0L; to the 200 1.8L; to the 35 1.4L

I also have a 50 1.4 but don't know if it's wide enough....

the alternative is to manually pre-focus and let her rip with the wide angle

Gus Cobos

Great capture Mr. Al. You always manage to tell the story with your candid people photography...well done...:cool:

Julie Kenward

I adore the prints on the woman's clothes against the block formation of the street. This is really cool, Al.

Robert Amoruso

Good comp on this one Alfred.

Axel Hildebrandt

I like the mood in this one.