Thread: Banded Plover over Eggs

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Banded Plover over Eggs

Attached Images Attached Images

An uncommon species in my neck of the woods but driven in from the west by severe drought. Late spring rain just before Christmas saw about 8 pairs nest. The same rain brought on the colourful Patterson's Curse (purple flowers).

Canon EOS 5D. Canon 100-400mm at 320mm, 1/200 at F11, ISO 250, Natural side-light with fill flash -1.3 stops compensation, Polarizer, Hide, Tripod.
    Last edited by John Cooper; 01-17-2008 at 03:31 AM.

Del Cockroft

A bright colourful image. It's a pity you couldn't have got down a little lower but it's nice to see unusual birds.

Linda Robbins

Excellent pose with a good head angle and wonderful that the eggs are so clearly visible. I think that a slightly lower perspective might have been good, however it could have resulted in the eggs being less visible. The image is colorful and attractive, and what a beautiful plover!

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

What a neat little bird. I love the setting here. If you could have gotten a bit lower I think it would help and also perhaps just a bit more space for the virtual tail (which I imagine would be pretty tight?)

Fabs Forns

Lovely birds, very impressive!!!

Would like a bit more room all around. Very nice habitat too :)

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very nice shot of a terrific bird. As an Australian the Paterson's Curse makes me a bit uneasy (a bit like seeing a picture of rabbit).