Thread: Arctic fox family

Jasper Doest

Default Arctic fox family

Attached Images Attached Images

This moment was one of the highlights of my Svalbard trip 2006. We were at the right time at the den as the kits were still being weaned by the mother. At the last morning I was able to capture this intimate moment between her and her babies. This year I was slightly later at the den, the kits were way more active and I was able to get some different shots...but unfortunately I didn't witness her weaning her babies as I was a bit too late in the season for that.

Canon EOS1Dmk2N
    Canon EF300/2.8L USM
    1/640 @ f/4.0
    ISO320, RAW
    G1325, M10, Sidekick, anglefinder
    Last edited by Jasper Doest; 12-31-2007 at 08:09 AM. Reason: Forgot the attachment

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Wonderful image here Jasper. The pup hoping the mother will regurgitate is a great bonus. Just a bit dark under the mothers belly..

Alfred Forns

Love the feel What a tender image Not sure if there is anything that could be done to lighten the belly I do like it as presented !!! Big Congrats !!!

Maxis Gamez

Very cute and intimate image.

Judy Lynn Malloch

I love this wonderful intimate moment you captured between mother and pups. Just priceless to see the little one looking up at mom. A very tender moment that is quite a contrast to the realities of nature in the wild. Wonderful series Jasper and thanks for sharing these great captures with us !!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Sensational. Love the intimacy and the background colors.

later and love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Linda Robbins

What a stunning image! A sweet family moment. The pup looking up at his mother is so adorable, especially with his paw lifted. The head angles of both the mother and pup are excellent, and your careful framing is perfect.

Linda

DanWalters

Really like the interaction and the colors.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very, very emotion-packed moment you have captured. Lovely colors. Wish I could suggest some way to improve it, but I can't. Thanks for sharing. This has made my day.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I was just browsing through NSN's new "showcase" and saw the "alternative view" of this image by your partner in crime, Bart Breet. I did a double-take when I saw it because I was thinking "I thought his name was Jasper!" :) Rushed back to BPN to find this one and realized that they were different...but barely. You might have had the better angle!!!!!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

David trust me.....this guy always has the better angle!! :D it is called the 'Doest hoek'