Thread: My Favorite Duck The Harlequin Duck

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default My Favorite Duck The Harlequin Duck

Attached Images Attached Images

Canon 5D Camera, Sigma 800mm F5.6 Lens, ISO 320 F9.0 1/500sec.
    Last edited by Larry Hitchens; 01-17-2008 at 08:21 AM.

Maxis Gamez

Hi Larry,

Looks like your image is a little hot and the light is harsh. Photographing early morning or late afternoon will help you in that department.

Judy Lynn Malloch

Good pose in this image Larry but as Maxis mentioned the light looks a little harsh and blows out the whites. thanks for sharing !

Gayle Clement

Such a beautiful duck. I agree about the whites but envy your opportunity to make this image.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Fantastic bird that makes me feel very jealous, Larry, but an exposure nightmare! What to do: expose for the grey-blue (as you have) and lose detail in the whites or expose to keep the whites from blowing and end up with blocked shadows? As it is, maybe take the contrast down a tad to see if that brings back the whites? There is detail in the white on the mid-body area, so hopefully the head markings might reveal some detail without too much fiddling. I hate to say this, but the focus is very slightly behind the bird. Perhaps some selective sharpening would mask that? I hope my comments are constructive, as I like this photo very much.