Thread: Fishing Spider..........Dolomedes triton

adcolon

Default Fishing Spider..........Dolomedes triton

Attached Images Attached Images

University of Puerto Rico's Botanical Gardens. Canon 30D, Canon 100 macro w/macro flash and polarizers. ISO 100, f/11 @ 1/250 sec.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Alfredo,
    I like this! Makes me really glad I'm not a fish. My eye goes right to the face - excellent detail there. I always wish for more DOF, but it's physically impossible to cover the entire spider in one exposure at this magnification. I like the diagonal orientation of the leaf. The lighting looks a little uneven, more above and below the spider, and rather dark on the left side, but that's a nit. The body is well lit, and that's really the center of attention.

Julie Kenward

Now that's how you make a spider portrait! Excellent work! I agree that the lighting could be more uniform but I rather like it as is because it ads to the ambience. I would think about toning down the white circles on the right side and maybe even cloning out the partial leaf at the bottom edge of the frame on the right. Other than that, you really did a great job on this. The detail in the spider is really fantastic.

Gus Cobos

Excellent work Alfredo. This is one nice capture and composition. The details on the spider are razor sharp and you have good color rendition. Suggestion...just me, thinking out loud...:D I wounder how the image would look; if you make black the background for the exception of the diagonal branch on top, and the leaf where the spider is...hmmm...food for thought...:cool:

adcolon

Thanks for all your comments.

Mike Moats

Hey Alfredo, I totally agree with whats already been said, Well Done!