Thread: Stream Ice

Mike Moats

Default Stream Ice

Attached Images Attached Images

This was shot on the same day as the last post. The blues are reflection from the sky, and the reds are from leaves under the ice. The water is only a couple inches deep at the small stream edge. Fuji S3 Pro, Sigma 180 macro, Tripod, f/32 at 2sec.

Alfred Forns

You have an incredible eye for finding these patterns Love this image !!!!!

Jim Caldwell

Another fantastic capture, Mike! May I ask how large an area are these images from? The forms and textures are just amazing!

Robert O'Toole

Wow great image. I like how the pattern is interesting and appealing but I have no clue what it actually is besides the fact that it looks frosty. These types of images are very interesting for me since I have lived in Florida and So Cal my whole life so I dont exactly get many changes to see or shoot these kinds of closeups.

Well done mike,

Robert

Mike Moats

Hey Jim, this area is about 8" x 10"
    Hey Robert, this a a thin lawer of ice at the edge of a very small stream, only four feet wide. This first ice usually found in early December is forming and very thin, and as it forms it creates these interesting patterns. As the ice thickens it loses these formations and turns to solid white.

Fabs Forns

Very lovely lines. Mike :)

Jim Caldwell

Thanks Mike - these are so wonderfully abstract there is no way to tell just how large an area that you are photographing.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Another great ice pattern Mike - you obviously put a lot of thought into framing the composition.