Thread: Prairie Dawn

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Prairie Dawn

Attached Images Attached Images

I always thought this lone pine would make a lovely subject with the right light. Early one day the conditons looked promising so I hurried to this location in eastern Colorado. Just as I arrived the the sky was ablaze with color.

Canon 20D, EF300mmF2.8, ISO 200, 1/15 @ F4, +1/3 comp in evaluative...

Robert Amoruso

Robert,

I like the framing/composition and the colors are great.

The shallow DOF though detracts from the image IMO. I would have either went with the smallest aperture or did multiple focused images and merge them together later.

I am not sure of the 300mm f/2.8 DOF closed but a FG image of the grasses, an intermediately distant grass focused image and then an image of the tree in focus could be merged in PS.

BillPelzmann

I love the pastels an minimalist composition.

My first reaction would also be to shoot this with a small aperture.
    But, using DOF to isolate the tree works for me here.

Alfred Forns

Sensory overload time !!!! I find all elements working for a strong image In this case I like the shallow dof sort of enhances the look Big Congrats For my taste would not change a thing !!!

Fabs Forns

Eye candy, Robert :)

Guillermo Luis Cozzo

Great Robert!!!!!!! a perfect composition....Simple subject + great light = great subject!!!...would like more more DOF in order to see foreground in focus to...just a simple opinion.

Best Regards!
    Guillermo

Paul Marcellini

Most nits have been said. Beautiful color here. Even to have that bit of red in the grass is great.

Judd Patterson

My first guess was Wind Cave National Park...love the lone pine and that beautiful sky color. I share the opinion that a bit more DOF would be nice if this were to be printed or displayed large.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Loads of impact in this one Robert - you certainly did justice to the lone pine!! nicely done.

David Steele

Robert, did you perhaps shoot the same image using a small aperture? If so it would be good to see it. . . .