Thread: Tricolor Heron Landing - Amoruso MINWR IPT...

Dan O'Leary

Default Tricolor Heron Landing - Amoruso MINWR IPT...

Attached Images Attached Images

First, let me say that this is very intimidating. The overall quality of images posted in these forums is both humbling and inspiring. Kudos to all of you!

So here goes - my first post. I have better to share but I am curious what folks will think of this. Please be gentle, but honest. :o

I just returned from Robert Amoruso's IPT in and around the Merritt Island National Wildlife Reserve. This image was taken on Friday, the first morning of shooting in very early morning light. It is fairly heavily cropped, which I normally try to avoid.

2008:01:11 07:43:41
    700mm (500 + 1.4x)
    1/1250 sec, f/8, Av, Eval +1 2/3, ISO 800
    AI Servo AF, 45 point
    1dmk3 (blue dot with 1.1.3 firmware)
    tripod with wimberly head

Thanks to Robert for a great experience on the IPT!

Rick A. Brown

Certainly not the portrait sort of image, but I think it's very nice in an artsy sort of way. The light is an obvious biggie as well as the placement of bird and reflection. The nice finishing touch is that the background almost looks like a canvas or something.

Dan Elster

I'm a sucker for unusual images like this. The angle of light, composition, "pose" and especially the fact the bird is going the "wrong way" are all outside the norm, but somehow you've made it all work. That's what I strive for. I'll be interested to see what others have to say.

Maxis Gamez

Hi Dan and welcome to BPN.

You did well capturing this image just in time. The bird direction is not ideal as is flying the other way. I also like the Shadow in the water and silhouette.