Thread: Red Shoulder Hawk

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Red Shoulder Hawk

Attached Images Attached Images

Photographed today at Ding Darling. Was cloudy rainy day. Almost missed him, was off in trees as I walked by I happened to look in that direction and saw him. Metadata-f/6.3,1/500, 0 ev, 420mm,ISO 125. Cropped to lose the leafy branches. I tried to work on the lower portion to clean up the oof color patches, but I made it worse. Need to practice more. C & C's welcomed. Thanks for looking.
    John

Judy Lynn Malloch

It was not the best conditions to photograph but if you had used some fill flash that would have helped with the color and detail. Also I see that your ISO was 125 .and if you moved it up to at least 400 that also would have given you more light. I like the pose and eye contact here but would have liked a little more canvas on the bottom and it would strengthen the image to off center the hawk, leaving more room on right for him to fly out of the frame. You were fortunate to see him and thanks for sharing John.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

I agree with Judy here, in everything except the COMP as the perch is noce and it compliments the whole image, still, all of Judy's observation are excellent! Here's a re-edited version of this shot, I just lighten the hawk a bit, give a little more Saturation and also lighten both eyes catchlights to bring more life to the bird, hope you don't mind. Congratulations still on a very noce shot!!

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

You did a nice job Ramon. In addition I would remove the green area on the lower left and the shadows on the lower right.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks all for your comments. Nice job Ramon, I'm trying to get the hang of photoshop, I just need to keep practicing.