Thread: Grasshopper on a Leaf

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Grasshopper on a Leaf

This image was captured in the middle of the night. It's an all manual exposure, forcing the flash to compensate for a high shutter speed and small aperture. This was really just experimental work, but a lot of folks like this image.

Canon 1DsMII, EF 180mm f/3.5L, ISO 100, f/32, 1/250, Canon Twin-Macro Flash, manual.

Jim Caldwell

I like it too, Bob! Good sharp image and I hesitate to use an aperature as small as f/32 - but I can't see any image degradation at all, so I'm going to have to try that as well. I also like the fact you photographed the grasshopper at an angle.

Mike Moats

Hey Bob, for an experiment it came out excellent, really nice image. As Jim points out most people are affraid to shoot at f-32 because the loss in sharpness. I use f-32 on a ton of my images and never have a problem. With the sharpiening tools in PS I believe we now have the ability to correct any loss in sharpness or quaility issue at f-32. I like the lighting effect and good color.

Alfred Forns

I like the experiment Bob !!!! Love the pose and detail I think you found a new field !!!!

Fabs Forns

Good looking critter, glad your experiment came out good Looking forward to more :)

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Bob, Can't get your thumbnail image to open up!!

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by John Cooper View Post
    Hi Bob, Can't get your thumbnail image to open up!!
    My image hosting service provider (Smugmug) had some issues last night. It's back now...