Thread: California Gold

Graham Owen

Default California Gold

I visited the Sepulveda basin yesterday at sunset, and stalked a beautiful egret for about an hour, and luckily, just as the sun was setting, it flew directly past me, at close range. Thank you great egret! I used a D300 & 300mm f/4

I'm really surprised that only a few people visit this lake with more than a cell phone camera

greenjeanie

breathtaking colors... the bill and wings are in harmony... thanks for sharing... Jeanie / San Diego

Graham Owen

Hi Jeanie, Thank you for your kind remarks, it was a lucky shot, of a beautiful egret. I enjoy my time with the birds, and I feel thrilled to have come home with an image that helps me covey to others the wonders I see in these elegant and majestic creatures.

BTW... A large flock of white pelicans arrived at the Sepulveda basin two days ago, and I'm dying to return, with camera in hand. Hopefully late this afternoon...

Cheers,
    Graham

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

eh......eh......I recently had major back surgery so I wont be able to see this wonderful sight this month. Maybe next month or so. Thank you for sharing this awesome picture with us. I love the colors here. Beautiful.

Sharna

Graham Owen

Hi Sharna, Thank you, and I wish you a speedy recovery. Here's another shot taken in the beautiful late afternoon golden light...

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Lovely images. Where is Selpuveda Basin?