Thread: Fall Blend

Anita Rakestraw

Default Fall Blend

Attached Images Attached Images

OK, I was out at the lake the other day. Practically NO birds/animals in sight....too windy for macro....so tried some blurs. Only took the 500 lens and really needed something else for just about everything I photographed, but oh, well....:cool: I didn't get quite the effect I wanted but ended up blending 3 images; 2 were the exact same shot with slightly different blurring; the 3rd was almost but not quite the same shot....I've done a couple different crops from it, but this one is nearly full frame. Would like to know what you think....

10-12-08, 5 p.m.
    1DMkIII, 500 mm lens, BLUBB
    1/3 second, f/32, ISO 400
    Last edited by Anita Rakestraw; 10-15-2008 at 04:56 PM.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

I like it . It looks windy and soft almost like a water color painting- but not.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Anita,
    Fun things to do on windy days...

I like the top half. Very abstract, lots of color and motion. Some of the colors already look somewhat metallic to me; makes me wonder what it would look like printed on metallic paper (maybe boost contrast & saturation a bit). You could try it pretty cheaply at Mpix, though I'm not sure their "metallic" paper is quite as metallic as I have in mind. (Google "metallic printer paper".)

Chris

Julie Kenward

I was thinking the same thing as Chris...wonder what it would be like to have some of the image stronger in contrast so it drew your eye through the image. I think you have a good start here but I think it needs a little something more. Have you played with adding a textural layer? That might add some additional interest...

Joanna Trescott

Anita. This is very interesting. I think cropping off the horizontal line across the bottom would make for a stronger image. I like the softness of it Way to think out of the box!

Fabs Forns

Wow, great watercolor effect, Agree on the crop at the bottom, very well done.

Anita Rakestraw

Thank you, all. I appreciate the comments and suggestions very much. Chris: I too noted the sort of metallic look and will have to try the paper you mention; haven't ever used it but am curious!