Thread: (Graphic) Wolf on Kill

Roman Kurywczak

Default (Graphic) Wolf on Kill

Attached Images Attached Images

Even though the BG is a little cluttered (even after a bit of clean -up)...........and I was hoping they dragged the kill into more open ground...........this was still one of the biggest thrills I have ever experienced in the wild. A bit uncomfortable when a few took off after eating and went behind us into the forest and to our right into the woods...........and a bit worried about bears coming out after smelling the kill...........so this was taken during nervous moments .........with the head snapping around, checking all directions. judging by the fact that they laid down about 60 yardsaway from us to nap...........human didn't appear to be on the menu.
    Canon 1D Mark 3 with the Sigma 300-800mm lens at 800mm at f8 for 1/500 sec. at ISO 800. About 80% full frame with crop mostly from top and bottom.
    As always comments welcomed and appreciated.

DanWalters

Great shot! Really tells a story and very dramatic as well. Must have been quite the experience!

Michael Pancier

intense. what was on the menu?

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

This must have been really exciting. You are lucky to have the opportunity to capture the moment.

Jonathan Michael Ashton

Terrific shot, well done. I can hardly guess how exiting it must have been to be there - what a privelidge
    Jon

Robert Amoruso

Action trumps BG.

Nice work getting in the right place to capture this behavior.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Great sighting well photographed. What I like is the clear view of the head and hint of an eye.

Roman Kurywczak

Thanks all,
    This is an elk cow Michael. This might have been one of the few times in my photographic carreer that i didn't feel in control of the situation at all. On the excitement scale of 1-10...........this was a 20!

BPN Viewer
    Jackson, Wyoming and the Outer Banks of North Carolina
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Roman,
    where was this taken at if you dont mind me asking?

Roman Kurywczak

Sorry Jared,
    Must have been typing while you were responding. Yellowstone NP ........near the Norris Geyser basin turnoff.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Congratulations Roman!

I like this one. I don't mind the BG here. It is nice that you got the eyes. It is these natural history moments that recharges our batteries.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi