Thread: Mountain Flowers!

ashkan ojaghi

Default Mountain Flowers!

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi ..
    I took this picture in a very deep valley near a big rock .. all comments are welcomed
    Camera: Canon EOS 30D
    Lens: EF-S 18-55
    S.P:1/40
    F/ 3.5
    ISO:100
    FLASH: did not fire!

Mike Moats

Hey Ashkan, nice combination of colors and textures. I think the light worked fine without the flash. I might have been tempted to shoot in closer with more DOF and expose more the details in the flowers and colorful rock.

Matthew Pugh

Hi
    Well if you have the ability to use off camera flash, it might have been worth trying to use a little diffused fill to lift the shadows a little, and perhaps set the exposure a little more towards capturing the whites of the blooms.
    Having said this the lighting does not come over as being awful, it is quite appealing as seen
    And my main wish would have been for a little more DOF, especially to sharpen up some of the frontal elements seen in this image
    But overall this is a pretty little image as seen, with nice colours and elements that certainly have good eye interest
    All the best
    Matthew

Alfred Forns

Ashkan I would tighten to eliminate a little of the left? I like the contrasting green bottom with red on top A very pleasing image !!!

Jim Caldwell

I am also drawn to rock lichens and the contrast with the delicate flowers is a very nice effect. I would trim a bit from the right and perhaps crop in just a bit closer to the rock and flowers as believe those are the two elements which make this image. Nice job!

ashkan ojaghi

Thank you very much for your comments .. yeah i agree with the more DOF and crop .. i'll try it soon .. but i think cropping it from right will yield an unbalanced picture it must be tried .. thank you!

Robert O'Toole

Hi Ashkan,
    Love the colors and shapes, I wish I could see more of the red lichen.

Robert

ashkan ojaghi

Default Cropped

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi.. thank you Mr.O'Toole for your comment ... Here is a cropped version : i cropped it from right and a little from bottom and i worked on shadows and highlights also!..I think this one is better what do you think?

Robert O'Toole

Ashkan,

The colors do come out more in the second image. Looks better to me and has more impact I think. Thanks for posting.

Hope to see more of your work in the future. I enjoy seeing images from around the world.

Robert