Thread: Grey Seal

Jasper Doest

Default Grey Seal

Attached Images Attached Images

Last year we had some excellent weather conditions while visiting the UK to photograph Grey Seals. The wind was blowing and the sun was shining.....
    I really hope for such conditions again when returning within 2 weeks which I am very much looking forward to.

Canon EOS1Dmk2N
    Canon EF300/2.8L USM
    1/200 @ f/8.0
    ISO400, RAW
    G1325, M10, Sidekick, Anglefinder and a lot of sand in my ears :D
    Last edited by Jasper Doest; 01-14-2008 at 06:56 AM.

Arjan van der Stelt

Yeah I love this one Jasper great mood with the dust........

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Great comp with a strong graphical element (the overall circular shape of the seal) to give a powerful point of interest. The yawn is nice as well.

ashkan ojaghi

Congratulation jasper ! I loved this photo .. very good pose and the sands.. wow i have nothing to say about it .. i realized that is a wonderful image when i saw the thumbnail .. but one thing: did you try a noise reduction on the sky? i loved the grainy sand but the sky would be a little softer!
    Impressive!

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Love the clean BG and the low angle of the shot too. The blowing sand complements very well with the attitude of the subject. However, I only wish a bit more room under the seal.

Fabs Forns

This has your style written all over, Jasper. Very lovely :)

Andrew George

Hi Jasper,

I already knew this one, but yet again I am captured by it's beauty. I really like that open mounth and little sandstorm.

DanWalters

Really like the low angle and the open mouth. You can really feel the wind in this image.

Philippe Collard

Hello Jasper,

I have always been a fan of your mammal pictures and this one is no exception. It is superb. I love the grad effect, lighting and action are great too.

Hey did you redesign your website recently? I haven't been there for a while and I find it very pretty, you need to show more of your work though. A real treat for us :)

Cheers,

Philippe.