Thread: "Looking at you Kid" - Young Tigress, Corbett National Park, India

ajay

Default "Looking at you Kid" - Young Tigress, Corbett National Park, India

Attached Images Attached Images

The same tigeress of which the head shot was posted earlier - http://www.birdphotographers.net/for...ead.php?t=1697

Walking towards the jeep, we had to reverse fast and stop for the dust to settle before making these pictures.
    D200/400 2.8 AF-I @ 1250ASA
    Neatimage to reduce noise and sharpened.

Jasper Doest

Hi Ajay,

This must have been a wonderful experience. Too bad you had to experience it from a vehicle as the high shooting angle doesn't really work here IMHO.Perhaps if you would have created a vertical composition it might have worked better. Regarding your composition, it is rather centered....the grass on the right seems interesting, so I would have liked to see the tiger placed more to the left of frame while the grass curves out of the frame on the right. However, the stare still makes me going back to this photograph...a very intense moment. Thank you for sharing.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

The intensity of the stare of the tiger is very powerful. I think a vertical compostion would work well in this situation.

Arjan van der Stelt

Nice image Ajay, composition could be better by taking it out of the center and I think some small contrast boost would do some good thing in this one.......
    Last edited by Arjan van der Stelt; 01-14-2008 at 09:20 AM.