Thread: Virgin River, Zion

Paul Marcellini

Default Virgin River, Zion

An oldy but one of my favs. Was just thinking about this trip and decided to share this. After doing the 9.5 mile subway trail top to bottom the day before without trekking poles my knee was feeling it. Walking upstream in the Virgin River was not helping it. Luckily I made it this far and am glad to have this shot.

Thanks for looking,
    Paul

Canon 20d 10-22 f22 1/2s iso100

Michael Pancier

how far up the narrows was this? sweet shot

Trish Fahner

Paul,
    Very nice.
    I really enjoy the perspective. You have allowed my eye to travel around the bend.

Paul Marcellini

Michael, not very far. My knee was really shot from all the downhill on sandstone the day before. I was taking my time so I would say less than a mile in.

Thanks Trish.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Wow Paul, that is beautiful. I bet the sore knee 'disappeared' when looking at this later! Great comp, and gorgeous textures in the landscape captured nicely. Top stuff.

Rich Ikerd

Very nice image of this magical place Paul. The river leads you right through the image and the silkiness of the water gives the right sense of movement. While I've visited the beginnings of the Narrows, I haven't yet ventured up river - will have to do so on my next visit.

Terry Olmsted

Having been there, Paul, you did a beautiful job of capturing the feeling. I like the perspective and the way you've captured the river movement.
    Terry

Fabs Forns

I must admit I'm a sucker for slow waters :D

Loving it, Paul :)

Guillermo Luis Cozzo

Great!!!!!!!! like the "contrast" between the movement of the water and the static rocks...the light is just beautiful.
    Best Regards
    Guillermo

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Cool scene, I really like the low angle, silky flow in the water, and interesting foreground you included.

Jason

Robert White

This is one of my all-time favorite hikes, mostly wading up the slot canyon. The light seems just right, which is hard to achieve in the narrows.