Thread: Tour to Hungary

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Tour to Hungary

Hello everybody,
    I just read the thread where Manos asked for "Sakertours" in Hungary.
    I am really keen to got to a photography tour to Hungary. I had a visit at the Sakertours page and now I am thinking about a may be seven days trip in spring 2009.
    I think, it would be a big thing to go there with some BPN People. Manos, are you planning to go there?
    May be, we could go together and together with Szimi????

Love to hear from you,
    Rosl

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Oh yeah, lets go! :D
    End of April / Beginning of May sounds good to me.
    Maybe it's too early for booking; but when I had a look at the page today I felt so happy and decided that I really want to go there next spring....
    We can keep in contact via email or PN about that!

:):):)

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I would be interested to join....

Giulio

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Please excuse me not being the first one who replied to this thread!
    I just wanted to post a thread asking you guys what do you think about making close ties with most of us, EuroBirdPhotographers? Looks like US or lets say North American guys handling this issue quite differently by knowing each other very well as they meet at different meetings, outings, courses etc. What a good idea to get together in Hungary next spring - maybe to start the first BPN meeting at the Hortobágy National Park. I am fully supporting it.

If you want guys I can help you in every part of the trip. Just let me know. Janos (John) is the owner of Sakertour, my business partner and has been my birding friend for a long time. Booking is never early enough I guess. He is in Ecuador but at his arrival I will discuss things with him. In the meantime please don't hesitate to let me know if you need anything. ;)

Szimi

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Szimi,
    what a great post from you!
    Definetely I am ready to book right now..... :)

Let's meet there!

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Eurobuddies!!
    I just wanted to say hi and to let you know that I fully support the idea of Euro Bird Photographers! I do not think that I will be able to join you in Hungary next spring as I am going to Cosat Rica, but I would love to be a part of your group as you are right, I do not think that we have as many opportunities to meet as our American friends. How about a trip to Skomer next summer - Rosl, I know that you love puffins as much as I do!!
    Best regards to all,
    Nicki

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Nikki,
    indeed, it could be that I go to Skomer next summer again. There is a chance, that I'll be near Salisbury to hold a riding course (that's my profession) and then I want to visit the Island again.
    In Addition I am planning to fly to Faire Isle, next to Shetland; but they have some problems, because they are rebuilding the Observatory Station and do nit know now, if they will be open.

Do you know if there is a possibility to stay overnight at Skomer Island? I dream of some puffin at Sunset- Pictures....

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

That's it! The more buddies are joining the more chance we have to have a great and convergent community. In my experience, definitely with strong exceptions, bird photographers in Europe are more jealous and double than anywhere else in the world. I have no idea why but compared to communities in Asia or in North America this is completely different. So my target would be to be a part of a great Europen BPN Community. All of you are welcome in the group.

I will send you details about the best timing of booking for such a trip to Hungary.

Szimi

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nicki Gwynn Jones View Post
    Hi Eurobuddies!!
    I just wanted to say hi and to let you know that I fully support the idea of Euro Bird Photographers! I do not think that I will be able to join you in Hungary next spring as I am going to Cosat Rica, but I would love to be a part of your group as you are right, I do not think that we have as many opportunities to meet as our American friends. How about a trip to Skomer next summer - Rosl, I know that you love puffins as much as I do!!
    Best regards to all,
    Nicki
    Great idea as well! I would love to visit a peaceful Puffin island :)
    As we are expecting a baby early next year :D:D:D my possibilities are limited a bit but not closing the doors :)
    Let me see if I have any chance to come. If not in 2009 then a year after.

Szimi

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi all, very nice idea that. I am not sure if I could join the travel to Hungary but I had on mind since I see the Sakertour web site. If my family and job duties allow me to find some free time I will try to join. By the way the prices for a day in the hides are more expensive than I supposed or at least, higher than the fees ffor the use of hides in other countries.
    Very good idea:)
    Last edited by Gyorgy Szimuly; 09-13-2008 at 09:30 AM. Reason: mistyping

Forum Participant Manos Papadomanolakis's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gyorgy Szimuly View Post
    Great idea as well! I would love to visit a peaceful Puffin island :)
    As we are expecting a baby early next year :D:D:D my possibilities are limited a bit but not closing the doors :)
    Let me see if I have any chance to come. If not in 2009 then a year after.

Szimi
    All the best,
    for your baby Szimi:):):)
    Is it your first one?;)
    Last edited by Gyorgy Szimuly; 09-13-2008 at 09:31 AM. Reason: mistyping

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Eurobuddies!
    Rosl, I know that there is limited accomodation for about a dozen people on Skomer and I think that you are allowed to stay for no more than two nights. I am trying to find out more information for you and will let you know when I have it. The accomodation is very basic and there are no facilities on the island as you know, so you must carry all your food and bedding etc on the ferry with you!!
    As I'm sure you are also aware, there is no guarantee of getting on the island, as in the event of bad weather the boat does not sail - almost happened to me the second time I went this summer, but some people had been stranded on the island for a couple of days, so I think they had to be rescued! I, too, dream of puffins at sunset...
    Szimi, good luck with the baby!!
    Best regards to you all,
    Nicki

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Rosl!
    I think that this is the link that will give you information about accomodation on Skomer:
    http://www.welshwildlife.org/Overnig...Skomer_en.link
    Let me know if I can be of any further help!
    Best regards,
    Nicki

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Manos Papadomanolakis View Post
    All the best,
    for your baby Szimi:):):)
    Is it your first one?;)
    Thanks for it :)
    No, from my previous marriage I have two kids :)
    In this marriage (the last one :D ) she/he will be the first one. We are excited :D

Szimi

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Nicki,
    thank you for all the information. It might be a problem with the accommodation, if the boats don't run.
    I know about the problems, we had it some days, when we wanted to go to Farne and Staple Island. Last year I was lucky, I had only two days to go to Skomer and the boat ran on both days! Lucky me....
    Have you been on Faire Isle too?

Szimi, all the best for you and your family; I really hope, that we will meet in Hungary!

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Rosl,
    I know what you mean about booking the accomodation and then finding that the boat cannot go...epsecially if you are coming from abroad. Really annoying ... :(:(. I haven't been to any of the other major sites yet - family life takes up so much time!!! :):)
    Keep in touch!
    Best regards,
    Nicki

Forum Participant Valerio Tarone's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi everyone I could be interested but my plans are many and it's too early now. Please take me acquainted.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Time is getting close now especially if one need to book a hide :)

Szimi