Thread: Bald Eagle with Fish

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Bald Eagle with Fish

Attached Images Attached Images

Canon 5D Camera, Sigma 800mm F5.6 Auto Focus Lens, Manual Exposure, F5.6 1/2700 Sec ISO 400
    Bald Eagle carrying his catch!! Tough shot light behind me and to the right, left shadow on part of head, however, without the light in that position the feathers
    would not have been near as sharp.

Gautam Biswas

Hi Larry, A very nicely made image. The light direction and the high shutter speed has made the wing feathers standout.

Howard Burkert

Hi Larry, Your tracking skills are apparently very good with the 800 mm lens. And I love the beauty of the Eagle. Sometimes we need to just wait for our subject to orient it's self to the light. Pretty hard to do unless the sun is on your back. Some dodging in a few areas will help the image alot. On the neck, the hard shadow edge could be made softer this way. Keep trying none of us can learn any younger!!
    Best,
    Howard.

Mike Poe

Love the shot Larry and good work with following the subject with the lens. The shadow is not that big of a deal for me but as Howard said it could be fixed. My nit would be the darker band at the top of the photo. I would crop it out but others may feel that that would create too tight of a crop. In the end it is what you like.

Axel Hildebrandt

Very nice wing position and details. Too bad the sun was not behind you and I agree with Mike that the dark band at the top is a bit distracting. But then, it's always great to photograph bald eagles. :)

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Burkert View Post
    Hi Larry, Your tracking skills are apparently very good with the 800 mm lens. And I love the beauty of the Eagle. Sometimes we need to just wait for our subject to orient it's self to the light. Pretty hard to do unless the sun is on your back. Some dodging in a few areas will help the image alot. On the neck, the hard shadow edge could be made softer this way. Keep trying none of us can learn any younger!!
    Best,
    Howard.
    Just a note about the tracking, I could do a great job of advertisng for Wimberley, which is what I use for the
    Sigma 800mm lens, it weighs about 10 + pounds, but with the Wimberley it's seems weightless and very very
    easy to move around