Thread: А black-winged stilt painting :)

Nikolay Staykov - shotlandetsa

Default А black-winged stilt painting :)

Attached Images Attached Images

Who dare to say the Sigma 300-800/5.6 isn't a superb lens ;)? /still mine suffers tangible FF/BF issue/

This image is from the last weekend. I've set up a temp blank from reeds covering me all over, laying on the ground with the lens quite near it.

9:03 AM

M2N, Sigma 300-800/5.6, at 800mm, f/10, 1/640sec, ISO 250.
    Tripod: Gitzo GT3530LSV, Wimberley II, Canon RS-80N3 remote switch, no mirror lock-up.

PP include no clone outs, Levels, NR, and USM in three layers: for the bird, BG, and the eye.

Thanks to Joan and Artie for the suggestions in the previous image of this series :)

Judy Lynn Malloch

Wow Nikolay this is wonderful lighting with excellent exposure and detail. The low angle is great here but I would like to see more canvas on the top. If it were my image I would be tempted to crop it a little more and remove the reflection. IMO it would make it a much stronger image because the stilt is gorgeous. Love this image and many thanks for sharing.

Axel Hildebrandt

Great light, exposure control and angle. I would give it more room at the top and wish for some head turn toward you. I like Judy's idea of cropping the reflection.

Robert O'Toole

Nikolay

Beautiful light and details, I would like to see more of the warm colors in the upper BG and less of the reflection as mentioned by Judy.

Robert

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

nice shot once again! I would suggest a vertical, much more room above the head, and as much room on the right as you can allow., if this is full frme, you could have done it in the field, and pulled back to maybe 600 mm.., but you may not have had the time., well done anyhow.

Raul Quinones

Great picture, I have to agree with more room at the top, anyway very nice warm colors.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nicolay,

I would like to see the bottom cropped to show about 1/2 of the reflected legs, and more room at the top. Superb colors and a killer bg. Congrats!!!

Bruce Gove

Fabs Forns

A crop and some more room on the top would take this one over the top. A beauty!

Maxis Gamez

Lovely but needs more room on top!!

Keep them coming!

Linda Robbins

Beautiful BG, and excellent exposure control and light. I wish the bird had turned it's head more toward the camera. Agree with Judy's suggestions to remove the reflection and add canvas above.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very nice. Pretty tight for me though.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Excelent image, I would like to see a better head turn and more room at the top but the light, color and sharpness are fantastic. Yes, the Sigma seems to work pretty nice and I would love to try one of those monsters ;)

It is a pleasure to share information about PP with you :)