Thread: Little Owl

Martin Dyer

Default Little Owl

Attached Images Attached Images

Last summer I watched a pair of Little Owls bring up a small brood of young in a brick built barn, near to where I live in England.

Here is just one of those images taken in the early evening as one of the parents was resting before another hunting trip, watching me carefully from my car.

Canon 1Dmk3, plus 500f4 + 1.4EFTC, resting on bean bag on window sill of car door.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Martin,

Nice image of this little Owl. I like the pose, look right at you, and close up details. I wish it was a little bit more of an eye level view and that more of the feet were visible. A brick wall is an interesting bg that you don't often see.
    Jim Neiger - Kissimmee, Florida

Get the Book: Flight Plan - How to Photograph Birds in Flight
    Please visit my website: www.flightschoolphotography.com 3 spots remaining for Alaska bald eagles workshop.

Martin Dyer

HI Jim,

Thanks for the feedback. Agree with you re. angle of view.

Unfortunately, it was about 20feet up in the air, and the camera was about 4 feet up.

I have a few more in this series which I will post when the time limit permits

Martin

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Martin
    I don't know that I've really seen an image with a bird up next to brick as the BG.....and it does make an interesting BG. A wonderful job with the details and sharpness......very nice. Jim's covered the angle of shooting.