Thread: Changeable Hawk Eagle ( Earlier known as 'Crested Hawk Eagle')

ajay

Default Changeable Hawk Eagle ( Earlier known as 'Crested Hawk Eagle')

Attached Images Attached Images

The spider web maybe a 'Social Spider'
    Bandhavgarh National Park, India. Nikon D200/400 2.8 AF-I. Resized and Sharpened. Comments welcome

Arthur Grosset

What a bird. I just love the way the crest is falling to the left. The spider's web is a bonus in my view and I wonder if a small crop off the top of the image might just emphasise that feature of the composition. The ochre colour cast suggests that this was in the early morning or evening. I like it - almost sepia.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Well done, and lovely light Below s a cropped version that I like a lot; I think that it maximizes the good stuff and places all attention on big birdie...

later and love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Axel Hildebrandt

Great stare and interesting-looking bird. I find Artie's crop suggestion very creative. The whites look borderline hot on my monitor. Could you post the techs?

ajay

Quote Originally Posted by Axel Hildebrandt View Post
    Great stare and interesting-looking bird. I find Artie's crop suggestion very creative. The whites look borderline hot on my monitor. Could you post the techs?

Axel,
    You are on the mark, there is a bit of over-exposure. The picture was taken almost eye level from a jeep in warm morning light but I may have added to the warmth by pushing the white balance at cloudy-3. Maybe a -0.3EV underexposure will do it.
    Thank you

ajay

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Morris View Post
    Well done, and lovely light Below s a cropped version that I like a lot; I think that it maximizes the good stuff and places all attention on big birdie...

later and love, artie

Artie,
    I really value your comments as everything I've learnt is from your books and when I met you at Blind Pass in Dec 2006.
    The crop you suggested is definately creative but is it practical for the size and shape for any publication or display?? Just curious.

IOTY Winner 2008 Chris van Rooyen's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

The soft quality of the light, the eye contact and outstanding sharpness on this raptor really makes the picture for me. Agree that Art's cropping suggestion strengthens the image significantly.

Rick A. Brown

This is so cool. What a beautiful bird in beautiful light. The one thing I don't like is the new name for the bird doesn't sound as good as the old name.

Andreas Kanon

Very nice shot. I like the original crop better. It shows more enviroment and balances out the composition.

Dan Elster

Great shot and what a killer bird. I find the cropped version way too tight. Don't change a thing.