Thread: Golden Plover / Pluvialis apricaria

Agris Krusts

Default Golden Plover / Pluvialis apricaria

Canon EOS-1D Mark III with EF 600/4L IS, 1/800, f/5.6, ISO 320
    Kolka, Latvia

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like this image the position and proportion of the bird in the frame works well for me. The DOF is spot on. This is a good image, colour looks good maybe just needs a slight bit more sharpening. (my opinion)

Axel Hildebrandt

Great angle, pose, details and complementing BG, Agris. I would give it a bit more space at the top and place the bird a little bit further to the right in the frame. Keep them coming.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very sweet. I like the placement in the frame. I would do a SH/H adjustment on the face and neck and the darker tones of the BKGR. I agree with Pete on the sharpening. I would use a Quick Mask to selectively sharpen only the face and the breat. All in all, well done. Plus, I love shorebirds. Later and love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

A very nice image. Great light and BG. Feel free to post them a bit bigger (up to 800px) in future posts.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

You achieved a very low perspective to capture this Golden Plover - very well done. I like this image as it is Agris.

Agris Krusts

Thanks for comments and suggestions!