Thread: Hawk Cliff ?

Michael Bertelsen

Default Hawk Cliff ?

I am planning a trip to hawk cliff this fall. My 9 year old loves raptors, is it also a good spot to photograph these birds as well? If so where should we look?

Thanks,

Michael

Jerry Annett

Hi Michael, I'm new to this forum, but have shot with several of the members here. I know Jody, Jim and Bill went last year and found it a tough go, due to lighting angles! Perhaps one of them will chime in.
    At any rate, they do have a great weekend when they do banding etc there and your son would have a blast, which is the most important on a day/outing like this. Pictures of him with a Kestral in hand etc, will be priceless to you and him in the future.
    Here's a link that has alot of info and dates for the Big Event may well be posted or will be soon! Hope that helps abit, don't want to sound like I'm giving advice or anything offending.
    http://www.ezlink.ca/~thebrowns/Hawk...wkwatching.htm

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Michael, I subscribe to the Ontbirds e-mail listings and at this time of year there is an almost daily detailed report of the raptors observed there. I'm not sure about photography there, but Jerry offers some good ideas.

If you are interested let me know and I can e-mail you the link for the ontbirds listings.

Michael Bertelsen

Thanks guys, for the tips. My son and I will check it out.;)

Cheers,

Michael Bertelsen

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hawk Cliff is a tough spot to photograph birds as the direction of light is opposite to what it should be. Great place to watch birds (with binoculars).

Lots of birds migrate through this area and it may be worth a visit just to see the variety and volume of birds. Good luck :)

Bill