Thread: Bels of bladders.....

Arjan van der Stelt

Default Bels of bladders.....

Attached Images Attached Images

First post on BPN, this fly was 1 cm long i think hope you like the image.....

Nikon D50 | Nikkor 50mm 1.8 + 12/20/36mm extension tubes

ISO 800
    150 mm
    f/4,0
    1/125 Sec.
    Last edited by Arjan van der Stelt; 01-12-2008 at 05:46 AM.

Alfred Forns

I like it very much and appreciate the tech info Excellent catch and timing !!!!!! Love the fine detail and pose with a sweet bg Normally I go for more of a pano but like the presentation very much Excellent feel !!!!

btw if you send me a PM with name will be doing the update Thanks

Fabs Forns

Hi Arjan,

Impressive as presented. That water drop makes the image special, congratulations!

Love the green on green ;) It makes the fly pop.

Judy Lynn Malloch

Excellent macro with beautiful detail. I very much like the BG as it sets the subject off so well. Very fine work and like it as presented.

Jim Caldwell

And a great first post! I really like the smooth background which really helps set off the detail on the fly. The drop in it's mouth is icing on the cake!

Robert O'Toole

Hi Arjan,

Great details and lighting, impressive for a little 50mm, good job. I have a 50/1.8 Nikkor, never thought of using it like this, thanks for the inspiration!

sorry to burst everyones bubble but that not a water droplet, its vomit. Species of flys vomit and regurgitate all day long. When you watch them it seems like they are blowing clear chewing gum bubbles.

Robert

Nicole Brooker

A wonderful photo. I like the choice if composition and there is lots of detail. Interesting about the vomit.

Mike Moats

Hey Arjan, WOW, a 50mm you must have been right in his face. You and the 50mm did a great job. Nice details and great BG. I could also see this cropped to a tight vertical, which would blow the fly up in the frame. Very well done.