Thread: Ospreys

Rod Wiley

Default Ospreys

Attached Images Attached Images

This was taken this morning here in Bonita Springs Fl. We see so many Ospreys here but it's always nice to follow the nesting season and watch them build their nests and raise their young.

Nikon D2X
    200-400 VR
    manual focus
    200iso
    1/750

www.rjwileyphoto.com
    www.adayintheswamp.com
    Last edited by Rod Wiley; 01-11-2008 at 10:46 PM.

Mike Poe

Rod nice capture of romance in the air. Love the uniform BG in this one. Only thing that is distracting for me is how the beak merges slightly with the branch. I believe you could remove that section of the branch without making the branch look unbalanced or unnatural.

Fabs Forns

Very nice behavioral image, Rod. Great pose on both, although the merging bill and branch could be a nit. In my opinion, it could use a little more space at the bottom, since her tail is pretty close to the end of the frame and the branches could also use some more space.

Good exposure and sharpness, an all around successful image :)

Rod Wiley

Thanks guys, I moved the branch and reloaded the photo

Fabs Forns

Wow, that was fast!!!
    Wish you had left the original, as a learning experience for others to see, and do the repost as reply.
    Great PS job, btw :D

Rod Wiley

Thanks Fabs, I was shooting with a remote control and aimed the camera high to catch them just before landing. I'll need to lower the rig a little. I was shooting with a remote control on one camera and at the same time shooting hand held with the 70-200. At first I'd spot the birds coming in and start firing away with the hand held and when the bird went behind the palm I'd press the button on the radio control to capture the landing.

Rod Wiley

I would have but I thought there was a limit on how many posts I could do in day? Thats the only reason I removed the first post.

Gayle Clement

Terrific image. I love the pose. You had me confused there for a moment-I kept going back and forth from the photo to Fabs' comments. LOL. You did move that branch quickly.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice behavioral action shot. Like the landing osprey's pose and wing position. Detail is good and plenty to keep your attention. Wouldn't you like to be able to trim these darn nests. They get so unruley at times adn those sticks often get in the way of your subjects. Would like a bit more room on the bottom side. Feels tight. Nice job.