Thread: The first shot of Burrowing Owl

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default The first shot of Burrowing Owl

Attached Images Attached Images

It was my first time to shoot this lovely beauty. I flew from Dallas to Fl this winter, visiting cape Coral for burrowign owls was on my list. Finally, I found them.
    Last edited by Arthur Morris; 01-11-2008 at 06:31 PM.

Fabs Forns

Nice environmental image. Wish for a tiny bit more room around the bird if you have it, and a more even light so both pupils look the same. Amazing how each eye reacts to the light. I suppose ours do the same but is not so evident?

Wasn't it exciting to see them?

Alfred Forns

Wonderful image Glad you found the little beauties Can only add to clone the one flower up against the bird's back Big Congrats !!!!

Maxis Gamez

Hello,

This is a very nice image. I think if you move so you can have the light behind you would of give you a better light!.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Sharp. Good basic COMP. Next time look for a clearer path to the feet through the grasses... I am not a big fan of side light as it causes exposure probelms as here: highlight side very bright, shadow side too dark...

later and love,

artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabs Forns View Post
    Nice environmental image. Wish for a tiny bit more room around the bird if you have it, and a more even light so both pupils look the same. Amazing how each eye reacts to the light. I suppose ours do the same but is not so evident?

Wasn't it exciting to see them?

Actually, human eyes respond together. Thats one way to check for head trauma by shining a light in one eye and watching the other.

Eric Wikander

Love the little fellas. They are so neat to see in person. I also agree that the side light makes for challenging situations and recommend the same , to relocate of you can next time.

PS.. thanks for that info Jim I did not know that...

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank your guys for the very helpful comments. After coming back from shooting, I also found this problem, that problem. Maybe that's the way to leave hope and higher expection for next time.

Yes, I should relocate a bit to get the better light.